B"H

Wednesday, September 2, 2009

We The People

Senator John Edwards for President '08 -
We The People will stand with you [Congress] The voices we hear saying "We the people" didn't speak for me.
Am I not one of the American people?
I also stood with Congress, but Congress did not speak with only one voice.
Surely some Senators and Representatives voted against "ending the war." *
May I stand with them?
* I think that these Congresspersons also wanted to end the war and bring the troops home, although with a different plan.
because stopping a President who believes he can do no wrong Whoa!
When did President George W. Bush claim that he could do no wrong?
I recall him saying that he had been praying to do what's right. I understood that as "soul-searching."
His religious language may have been honest.
At the same time, Mr. Bush may have understood that he would be making mistakes despite having implored the Almighty for guidance.
takes people with courage to do what's right. I voted. That's doing what's right, although it doesn't take much courage to vote.
So, "We the people" are only those with courage?

No comments:

Post a Comment